As a result of “prioritizing things like bug fixes, soundness, and diversion of the game“, a few of Anthem’s Act 1 Calendar Features are being deferred. This incorporates the Cataclysm occasion, the Mastery System, Guilds, Legendary Missions – Phase 2, Weekly Stronghold Challenges, Leaderboards, and some Freeplay functions. “We put aside time for this work, however, the fact of the matter is there is a bigger number of things to fix and improve than we made arrangements for.” Ben Irving & Chad Robertson composed.
The post additionally subtleties a few things that are on the table at BioWare that are in direct reaction to player feedback. These include:
- The Cataclysm occasion is significant and it’s a major concentration with new challenges and prizes while “driving the story forward”. More about Cataclysm will be uncovered in May.
- “We agree that our plunder and progression frameworks need to be improved and we are moving in the direction of this.” More will be reported at an uncertain date in the future.
- Communication: “An exercise we have learned is we have been discussing things too soon. There are such a huge number of factors that can make us rotate on our plans — regardless of whether it’s bugs and steadiness issues, player feedback, or complications with an element that requires us to set aside more time to convey it. Our goal is to tell you regarding new content and features once the work is nearer to being finished.”
- Mastery System
- Legendary Missions – Phase II
- Weekly Stronghold Challenge
- Some Freeplay Events
We need to ensure everything we add to the game has a reason and fits with our long term objectives. When we have information to share on the things above, we will as such.