Apex Legends season 2 doesn’t kick off for half a month, yet some enormous changes are as now happening in the game. Extraordinary, dragon-like monsters are soaring majestically through the skies above Kings Canyon—and players are shooting the hell out of them.
Data miners have recently dug up information pointing at the presence of flyers and different animals in Apex Legends (Twitter client Shrugtal found an image of a “flyer” back in March), and lead producer Drew McCoy teased the presence of monsters during the EA Play occasion at E3. Yet, the sensible supposition that all of this would arrive with season two or something there on, not today, with zero cautioning.
However, that is obviously the situation, as various players and streamers have shared videos of the flyers. As you can see in several of them, aside from simply flying around they can likewise carry death boxes, which includes a practical reason for blowing them out of the sky. I don’t know if they present a genuine threat to Apex players or if they’re carefully scavengers, yet whichever way they don’t seem very durable.
KINGS CANYON UPDATES
- Thunderdome has had some little changes to loot position, mostly around moving free loot into bins for greater visibility on where the loot is.
- The Pit has about 2x the plunder in it
- Repulsor has loot bins added towards the west side of the area, over the trapezoid buildings.
- Some loot added to the underground pit in the small community in Shattered Forest.
- Added voice over lines that will callout Jump Towers when you ping them. You can presently ping the jump towers.
QUALITY OF LIFE/BUG FIXES
- Decreased the deferral with things appearing in the menu when looting a Death Box.
- Mini Map direction will presently show effectively while in the ship or skydiving.
- Improved server execution for certain instances of rubberbanding when using items.
- Removed an exploit that enabled a squad to have more than one of a similar Legend.
- Removed an exploit that permitted to “bunny hop” while healing.
- Fixed problem where players might “bounce” off your squad when breaking off during a skydive.
- Improved skydiving so it should feel progressively responsive and smooth.
- Thermite grenades currently cause damage to doors.
- Squad Summary Page Improvements: cursor support included, players can now be able to mute / report players from this page, players can presently report teammates that have disconnected.
- Caustic barrels can now be activated or disabled by friendly teammates.
- Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the keep going zipline you were on.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple presently has a blue crosshair indicator that will show up when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
- When grappling a zip line, the trajectory will currently pull players to a point beneath the zip line as opposed to above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
- Made improvements to how weapon reticles and optics are displayed when playing with visually challenged settings.
- Added colorblind help for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Removed the capacity for players to change game settings not planned to be modified on a client level. Our plan is to prevent exploits like removing muzzle flash, disabling lighting, and different tweaks that give players an unfair competitive advantage.
- We’ve reverted the conduct of “Holster Weapons” so pressing that button while your melee weapon is out will never bring out your last primary weapon.
- Added capacity to completely customize the button layout for controllers.
- Added localized voice-overs for all Legends that currently help: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Mandarin
- Fixed an issue where a player is unfit to change their Party Privacy alternative.
- Fixed the additional sway from the G7 crosshair while moving.
- Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was excessively noticeable.
- Fixed an uncommon issue with using consumables while having a Caustic gas canister out.
- Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
- Improved framerate when Sun shadow inclusion is set High in Video choices.
- Fixed issue with the Long Distance Kill Badge not showing the correct max distance.
- Fixed issue with awful framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Fixed players being crushed by opening or closing doors when climbing onto a roof simply above the door.
- Fixed a crash identified to model code.
- Fixed issue where a player would crawl very quick in place.
- Fixed some rare instances of players getting stuck in geometry.
- Fixed issue where Octane’s Stim trail would still wait after death.
- Fixed cases where melee lunges could prevent too far from their intended target.
- Fixed issue with players not accepting any XP for anything after a match and the Champion Bonus showing as -1XP.
- Fixed an issue where some cases the audio and visual effects would not play when a weapon fires.
- Lots of minor fixes and polish to game stability and execution.
What other weapons are getting buffs in Season 2?
Disruptor Rounds for the Alternator and RE-45 (two vastly underrated weapons, by the way) will do expanded harm to shields, while the P2020 and Mozambique will get Hammerpoint Rounds that do expand unshielded damage. “In a perfect world players will consider one of these hopped-up small arms for weapon-swap tactics, and sometimes convey them unironically into endgame situations,” principal weapons designer Sean Slayback compose in an update.
Here are some different changes you’ll see to weapons in Season 2:
- New Energy Mag connections that will boost the ammo capacity and decrease reload time of energy-based weapons.
- The Flatline, P2020, Alternator, and Triple Take are getting buffs, and the Arc Star is getting adjusted a bit.
- Energy stack size is being expanded from 60 to 80.
- Shotgun ammo stacks are being hacked from 64 rounds to 16.
- Changes to airdrop bundles, which will use different loot tables relying on the stage of the game—more Krabers in early/midgame drops, more Mastiffs in the endgame.
- A new set of gold weapons will likewise be presented
- AMD’s New GPU Driver Improves Vulkan Support for Radeon Graphics Cards
- Independent Antivirus Testing Lab Releases Another Real-World Protection Report
- Analysis of Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! Infinite dungeons, chocobo movement
Neither Respawn nor EA has said anything official regarding the flyers yet, however, we’re keeping our eyes open. Meanwhile, have you seen one of these high-flying beasties during your Apex adventures? Tell us in the remarks.