Teamfight Tactics, the League of Legends spin on Dota Auto Chess than was declared a week ago, is now live on the LoL Public Beta Environment. That implies you can, at last, take the beta for a spin—as long as you have an approach to the PBE.
That, unfortunately, is a limiting component. In order to get access to the PBE you need to be at least Honor level 3, implying that, generally speaking, just active players with good records will probably get in. (Honor is a reward framework aimed at promoting good conduct in the game. Players started each new League season at Honor level 2 and must stir their way up from there.)
Riot shared some quick tips for players going to plunge their toes into the team fight Tactics waters:
- This is a beta—expect there are going to be bugs. If it’s not too much trouble help us by pointing them out!
- Give us feedback—what do you adore, despise, etc? For this mode, we’re committed to building it with you
- Equip some emotes—you don’t wanna pass up on those chances for juicy BM when you defeat someone on your battlefield
If you’re qualified for the PBE, you can join to take part here; if you’re not, fortunately, you likely won’t have to wait long to dive into teamfight Tactics anyway: The full release is scheduled to arrive with the League of Legends 9.13 patch, which is anticipated to go live at some point next week. While you pause, there are Teamfight streamers a-plenty to watch on Twitch, and dialogs to be had in a new Teamfight Tactics subreddit.
If you’ve been tracking, you definitely know that League’s new mode, Teamfight Tactics, is on the way soon. Today we’re putting the mode on PBE so we can get your eyes on it and begin collecting your feedback.
Teamfight Tactics is a round-based system game that pits you against seven opponents in a free-for-all race to construct a powerful team that battle on your behalf! Your objective: Be the last person standing. Once TFT is live on PBE, you’ll have the option to log into the League Client and queue up for it like any other mode.
- Analysis of Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: scares, monitors and strange puppets in Virtual Reality
- Analysis of Generation Zero: exploration, robots and disappointment
- Apex Legends isn’t ‘Appropriate’ for Streaming Services like Stadia, Respawn Producer Says
- This is a beta—expect there will be bugs. Please help us by pointing them out!
- Give us feedback—what do you adore, hate, etc? For this mode, we’re committed to building it with you
- prepare some emotes—you don’t wanna pass up on those opportunities for juicy BM when you defeat someone on your battlefield
We’ll update this section with known issues consistently.